Update: The Padfone X is SHIPPING NOW.
It’s the moment a lot of people have been waiting for in the United States. For years the North American market has been void of this unique Padfone device. The wait is over. It’s now available to buy from AT&T right now!
Padfone X available Now –> USA – Click here to shop Padfone X – In Stock and Shipping From Amazon.com
Here are a few key details:
- now shipping and in stock
- many of the accessories are now IN STOCK
- price is $199 with a 2-year contract
- price is $595.92 with no annual contract
- price is $29.80 per month for 20 months with AT&T Next 12
- price is $22.92 per month for 26 months with AT&T Next 18
- see our detailed Padfone X review, specs and HD photo gallery HERE
Part of us is sad at the thought of waiting until 2016 for a new Padfone. If this first true rumor/leak is legitimate, then the Padfone S2 will be seeing a 2016 release date, perhaps even as late as March 2016. This timeline is based on the apparent processor that is part of this rumor, and the given release date of devices with this processor.
So here is a quick rundown of the leaked/rumors specs:
- Qualcomm S820
- 4GB memory
- 32 / 64GB storage capacity
- 5.5-inch phone with 2K screen
- tablet portion is a 10-inch size (this has been rumored months ago, which gives this new rumor some credibility)
- 3060mAh (phone) battery / 5100mAh (tablet) battery
- 20MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
- release date of early March 2016
We’ve been watching the goings on with the next Padfone, but ultimately there hasn’t been much news to report. We’ve already discussed the fact that Asus will be keeping this a premium product and will launch only one Padfone per year.
So we are just hearing of the Padfone S2 today. This could be considered the ramp up, although these are rumors at this point. What we can say, is that it appears that S2 is the follow-up from the Padfone S. Forget about the model naming schemes of the past, it does appear that Asus has something for the brand now. We also expect this to mean there will be a X2 for the US market.
Stay tuned, we will be ramping up all the news, leaks, and rumors of the upcoming Padfone S2! From what has been mentioned out there, a release date is not imminent and could be six months away.
We’ve been watching very closely on the lead-up to Computex 2015. At this show, Asus has typically made big announcements. This is the one show where they “show all”.
With regards to a new Padfone in 2015, we just aren’t sure. We do know that Asus CEO Jerry Shen told shareholders that there would be one release per year. What we’re not seeing though is any indication that the new Padfone will be showing up at Computex this year.
We know that the ZenPad tablets are the big star of the show and it’s quite possible that the Padfone would be overshadowed at this years Computex. However, there are a few days left and we’re hoping for some type on details or leaked information.
If not, it’s possible that a release could come around the summer this year. Stay tuned!